NATRUE factsheets are clear and easy-to-read factual documents on specific topics of interest to the public and PR agencies alike. In contrast to position papers, fact sheets address “static” topics and are not subject to regular updating.
Do you have any other questions? Check our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) page.
NATRUE’s position papers are documents informing about NATRUE’s policy as expressed by its members on a specific topic and at a specific time. Position papers must therefore be agreed upon by our members. NATRUE’s Secretariat drafts the position papers in close collaboration with the NATRUE internal Working Groups and they are regularly updated under different version numbers as issues evolve.
POLICY PERSPECTIVES AND CONTRIBUTIONS
NATRUE actively participates and contributes to the emerging and evolving regulatory framework impacting natural and organic cosmetics. We work hand-in-hand with decision-makers and relevant stakeholders across the European institutions and international bodies (NATRUE’s EU transparency register number 75060586073-86.) Contributions from NATRUE across relevant policy consultations are outlined below.
CONTRIBUTIONS TO THE PUBLIC CONSULTATION
- Environmental performance of products & businesses – substantiating claims (July 2023)
- Guides for the Use of Environmental Marketing Claims – Federal Trade Commission USA (May 2023)
- Call for safeguarding the internal Market legal basis of the Packaging and Packaging Waste Regulation (April 2023)
- Call for digital solutions for product information – Joint Letter to the European Commission (March 2023)
Legislation for plants produced by certain new genomic techniques (April-May 2022)
- Open letter to the UK’s Government about neonics (March 2022)
- Chemicals legislation – revision of REACH Regulation to help achieve a toxic-free environment (January – April 2022)
- EU chemicals strategy for sustainability – Cosmetic Products Regulation (revision) (October 2021)
- Revision of EU legislation on hazard classification, labelling and packaging of chemicals (August – November 2021)
- Working together to ensure a smart transition towards digital product information to consumers – Joint letter to the European Commission (July 2021)
- The classification of “More than one constituent substances” (MOCS) under the CLP regulation (January 2021)
- NATRUE comment to Public consultation on a potential legislative proposal on substantiating green claims (December 2020)
- EU study on new genomic techniques (May 2020)
- NATRUE supports product information digitalisation – Joint letter to the European Commission (March 2020)
- Labelling fragrance allergens (2019)
- Towards an EU Product Policy Framework contributing to the Circular Economy (2018)
- Labelling fragrance allergens (December 2018)
- NATRUE Comments on the Public consultation on fragrance allergens in the framework of Regulations (EC) No. 1223/2009 of the European Parliament and the Council on cosmetic products (2014)